2.18.2009

Teeth?!

It's been awhile so I wanted to update everyone with what's been going on at the Spaid's house. We're doing great, fabulous and wonderful! Really! We've finally got into a routine with Will's night schedule...we are two months into the three months...but I'm thinking positive and I know that him working days again will be a breeze. I would say my only complaint these days is the state of the house. I honestly thought that once I was a "grown up" and had a husband, kids, etc. that my house wouldn't look like this. Well, think again ladies and gentlemen. Most of the time I don't mind the clutter (probably why it rarely goes away) but it's just frustrating that we do usually spend one day a week really straightening things up.......and it gets all messed up again. I need to work out some system to keep stuff under control. Like: no Mt. Dew until these chores are done. We'll see how that goes.

Benjamin is getting his two bottom teeth. This is not a drill, folks. We can actually see them through the gums and he's in love with his pacifier (he chomps on it all day). It's exciting because he's a baby who is getting his first teeth but it's sad because he's my baby and he's growing up so fast. It seems like a blur. I can only imagine that as we have more it will only get faster. Anyway, he's almost 16 lbs. and getting quite chunky. It's fun to see him fill out is clothes that were once so big on him. He still has only rolled over one time (complete accident I think) and it's kind of starting to worry me. Except I'm trying not to worry so mostly I don't think about it. He is getting very close to sitting up on his own though. A few more weeks and he should be good to go.

Charlotte is also growing up fast. Sometimes I literally have to remind myself that she is only two years old still. (Almost three, but you know). Her vocabulary and insight into everything really blow my mind. She has this way of asking for things...she'll come up to you talking and nodding her head and shaking her hands in earnest. You just want to tell her yes. The other day I getting ready and she comes up to me, "Mom, it's okay if I got this pink thing out because I got this pink thing out and it's okay, right?" It was the birth certificate for her cabbage patch doll. She just wills you to say yes. It's the best.

Will is still working the 14 hour days. He plays W.O.W. in his free time and helps me the rest. He's really just a wonderful husband. I told him today that I think I would be miserable if I weren't married. He just makes life better.

I'm still applying for jobs. Something, someday will work out. And if it does I'll probably have to stay up all night to get our house clean to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment