4.13.2009

NE Visit & Coloring Eggs

The last weekend in March (I think) the kids and I went on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Nebraska to visit my dad. It was a lot of fun just to do something without any planning. My mom rented a car so it was a bit interesting having the five of us in an actual car, as opposed to a van or SUV or even truck. On the last day we went bowling before coming home. A few pictures:

Benjamin helping us keep score.

Charlie being bored of bowling. She got tired of it after a few frames...and then of course wanted to join in the second game. :)

This year we dyed eggs at my parents' house because my mom cooked a fabulous Easter dinner on Saturday night. My dad came home and we all had a nice time. Benjamin mostly slept through it all.
Charlie putting salt and pepper on her strawberry. She still ate it.


Benjamin looking at his mama.


Charlie "writing" on her egg. She "writes" a lot these days. It's kind of funny, like squiggly lines.

This egg in particular got a LOT of paint.

Charlie following the trail the Easter Bunny left for her. I never know if I should tell my kids about the Easter Bunny/Santa Claus/etc. I feel like it's lying...since they aren't real...I still don't know. I just have kind of done it. Thoughts? (Yes, those are her Christmas pajamas.)
Greg (Will's dad) is coming into town tomorrow. He's coming to see us, of course, but it's also kind of exciting because he'll be here for Charlie's birthday. We're sad Dorothy can't make it this time.
These are my hopes/wishes/prayers for the next few days...
  • That Benjamin gets his next FOUR teeth in so we can have our sweet baby boy back instead of the crazy grumpy guy that's replaced him.
  • That our room actually gets clean for Greg's visit.
  • That the rest of the house stays clean for Greg's visit.
  • That the birthday party goes well.
  • That I start feeling a bit better and not so down and lonely. (I think the teeth coming in will help this)
  • That Charlie behaves like the good girl she is instead of the insane child she can be.
  • That the babysitting family that quit on me with no notice will come and pay me my $63.00.
  • That I lose 15 lbs.

The last two are equally likely to happen. :) I don't know what happened with the family. I haven't heard from them. It's very disappointing. I put myself out there, I tried to be kind and understanding.....but still have some boundaries and rules. And now here I am, unemployed again and even more wary of trying this again.

Well, this has turned kind of long and a bit rambling...:) Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment