4.30.2009

Late night thoughts...

I really want to start blogging more, so I went around and took some random pictures. :)
This is one of the reasons we're looking for a house. This is what my scrapbooking stuff looks like when it's not spread out across our bed (you know, so we can sleep). Nice "work" table, huh?




Benjamin sleeping on the couch. He needs his own room so he can start sleeping in it. I've put him in his crib the few times Charlie's stayed the night with my mom. I'm okay with it now, I just feel uncomfortable with him waking her up. So....he sleeps on our floor....on a pile of blankets....for half the night....and the other half in our bed. Judge me if you want. I don't know what else to do!



This is a picture of Charlotte sleeping right now. Hilarious, no? She won't sleep with covers on to save her life. No matter how many times I go in there in the night and put them on her. I especially think it's funny because I can't sleep without blankets, no matter how hot I am.




Playing sidewalk chalk. Her new absolute favorite pastime. From the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed she wants to "play sidewalk chalk". Her phrasing, of course.






Deeper thinking:
I was watching Scrubs with my husband (the sacrifices I make for this marriage :)) and there was this part where Elliot (is that how she spells that? does it matter?) asks the question, "Do you ever look in the mirror and wish you could change every single thing about yourself?" I instantly related to that question. Then I thought, why am I still struggling with the same issues I've been dealing with forever? If I'm the person I say I am in Christ, I can't really be this insecure........right? Just thoughts, no answers.

Goals:
I want to be as efficient as.....my mother.
I want to sew as well as.....my grandma Judi.
I want to knit as awesomely (yes, that's a word) as.....Kara.
I want to use the "pretty things" around me everyday like.....my grandma Kilby.
I want to laugh loudly and at the slightest provocation just like.....Benjamin.
I want to have as much energy as.....Charlotte.
I want to sleep soundly like.....Will.

Goodnight!

P.S. I didn't put those huge gaps in between the paragraphs, and I don't know how to make them go away!

4 comments:

  1. Now this is a great blob post. So much to chew on ( : I have absolutely no arguments about you getting a bigger place to live. You totally need the space. Love the picture of Charlie all sprawled out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I finally figured out how to comment on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blog stalker here...great post, I love to read random thoughts in peoples' heads...glad i'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry - I read your blog too...and I started reading Mckmama from yours. :)

    ReplyDelete