5.01.2009

May Day


We went swimming today with some friends from church. The kids really loved it and it was fun to get all of the swimming gear out even though it's not quite summer. I think we'll definitely go again, and maybe Will will be able to join us and I can get some pictures of the kids actually swimming. As it is, I have before and after pictures.


Ben's trunks were so long, it was funny. They were like little swimming pants. He seemed to love the water, and he really liked splashing. After a semi-rocky beginning, Charlie was really comfortable in the water. I think I will try to get both of them in lessons for the summer. Swimming is just so good for you, I'd like it to be like second nature for them someday.

We also went to the Twins Sale. I wasn't planning on getting anything....but then I got there :) I found Ben some barely used Robeez for next winter (which is exciting - he'll probably be walking in them!). Charlie got a raincoat for $1.00! And I got two books. I didn't even really look at the kids' clothes, people were just so pushy and it was crowded.

People always speculate about what they would do if they were really wealthy. I know what I would do (besides be living in our own house). I would buy things for people. I would buy cards and gifts for every little holiday. For example, May Day. Wouldn't it be so fun to make up little baskets and give them out to the people you love? You know that book, The Five Love Languages? I read it a long time ago, but I totally fit in the category that says you love people by giving them things. Or however it may be worded.

I can't believe it's May already. It's already time to start freaking out about VBS. Funny how time flies.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a gift-giver, Stacia! I remember our freshman year when I would always find creative little notes and cards in my mailbox from you... for no apparent reason, other than you just wanted to show you cared. :) And I still have many clothing items that came from your closet! I always thought it was cool how easily you gave your things away... because it shows that you're not too attached to things, that you place a higher value on blessing other people.

    ReplyDelete