5.10.2009

Mother's Day

It's just me and Ben on this rainy Mother's day afternoon. Charlie is spending the afternoon with Grammy and Papa. Will's at work. I didn't feel like doing chores....it's Sunday and Mother's day besides....so I decided to update my blog. :)

Benjamin is starting to crawl. It's pretty hilarious, it looks just like this. He has to have his head down on the ground, butt up in the air. He's going to get rug burn on his head if he doesn't figure out a new system soon. He gets up on his hands and knees, but doesn't go anywhere. I think it'll be soon though.
My mom works at Colorado Christian University and she had a graduation reception for her graduates this May. I helped her. :) Don't I look pale next to her? How do you be like Nicole Kidman and make pale cool? (Be like? Is that proper grammar? Do you care?)

Today in his sermon our pastor mentioned something about how it's a mother's job to let her children go....or something to that effect. I've been thinking about that anyway, because one of my new favorite songs (I have like...100 favorite songs) is "It Won't be Like This for Long". For those of you who don't like country and therefore have never heard this song....I'm sorry for you. :) Maybe I'm a little bit extreme, but when I think of my kids growing up and leaving (which is, I know, what they are supposed to do) I feel almost panicked. I told Will when we have our last baby I'm just going to sit and hold them all the time so I don't miss one second. That, of course, won't be possible because I'll have 3 or 5 or 7 other kids to be taking care of at the same time. So I guess this is a goal for me...to work on being ready to let go. Good thing I have about 15ish years. The way Charlotte is, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard. She's extremely comfortable saying goodbye. :(
I think every mom who has more than one child wonders how they will ever love the second baby as much as the first. Or maybe they wonder if the first baby will be overlooked in favor of the new, tiny baby. As someone who has recently experienced this, I have some thoughts. Every time I think about how much I love my children, I'm overwhelmed. They continuously amaze me. Having Ben has only increased my love for Charlie (funny how that works, huh?). When I see her play with him and want to hold him and do things for him....my heart just expands. On the other hand, having Charlie helps me cherish Ben that much more. Seeing how big she is and how fast she got that way makes me make a point of noticing the small, daily changes in an almost 8 month old. This is kind of mushy...but hey, it's Mother's day, I'm allowed, right? I can't wait to have more kids. :)
On the house front....we are going Thursday to look at some new ones. The one in Windsor is under contract. It's sad, but we're moving on. We're so excited to even be in this process. I just can't express how grateful I am to my husband for being such a good provider and how blessed by God I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment