5.02.2009

Benner, Benner, Chicken Dinner

I sort of went crazy making Ben's food today. I've been making his food....since he started eating food....and I really enjoy it. Something about the time it takes, like as I'm standing in the kitchen cutting up...steaming...draining...pureeing...I just think about my kids and how much I love them/want them to be (eat) well. You can think I'm sappy, it's cool. Before today, I would just make a few things at a time but I decided he needed a wider selection. Charlie was asked to spend the night at Grammy's and so...today was the day. I made carrots, broccoli, peas, sweet potato, butternut squash, and for the first time; zucchini, green beans, apples and chicken/sweet potato/apple dinner. I have pears, strawberries, and more apples to make tomorrow. :)

So...today was the first day Ben tried chicken. He's had turkey from a jar, but this I made. I might just stick to the jars for meat, we'll see.
Anticipation of a meal.
I know exactly what he's saying (mother's intuition). "Dad! This is disgusting! You know I don't eat my food cold!"
After it was warmed, he did decide he liked it.

1 comment:

  1. I know that face!!! That was Aydin's face after I made her green beans!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete