1.17.2009

Bad mom?

It's kind of crazy...I know. Benjamin puts himself to sleep...and I feel like a bad mom because of it! I feel like I should hold him/cuddle him/rock him until he's asleep. But no...just put him in bed, give him his paci and he'll just fall asleep. Most of me knows that this is a good/desirable quality. I know this because I also feel like a bad mom because my daughter who will be three in April still will not put herself to sleep or sleep by herself for that matter. She has to be cuddled or have her hand held. Even when she does (occasionally) sleep in her bed she always comes in ours in the early hours of the morning.

It's like I have this great internal debate. I wish there was a switch that you could turn off and on in your kids. Turn it on...they want to sleep with you/cuddle with you/etc. Turn it off...they go in their own beds and sleep ten hours at night at two hours at naptime. I want it on because I love holding my kids and being with them and Will's back to working nights so it's nice having them in the bed. I want it off because we have a full size bed and with Will and Charlie both there I don't sleep at all...especially if you add Ben to the mix.

Just writing this I've decided I'm not a bad mom. Ben and Charlotte cancel each other out. Charlie will start sleeping all night in her own bed...some day. Benjamin will hopefully just start sleeping all night. Just some random thoughts for you guys:)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. you sound like a normal mom to me. :) My mom was just talking with my sis-in-law the other day about the 3-year-old crawling into parents' bed every night ordeal. I did it to my poor parents 'til I was like 5! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete