5.19.2010

Drama-rama

I love Wednesday night church.
The Bible study I go to now is one of the highlights of my weeks, every week.
I loved Caravans when I was a kid.
I loved Bible quizzing.
Tonight I got 3 kids + me ready to go.
Will stayed home: tonight he had just walked in the door from work.
Usually he works during actual church time. (how should I have phrased that?)
And there really isn't anyone his age/a class for him.
Not that church is all about social interaction.
Anyway.
We met my mom for dinner at Culver's.
We meet her pretty much every Wednesday at different places.
Today's Austin's birthday and he was able to take a break and eat with us.
Ben wouldn't eat.
The guy (a manager) made two mistakes with our frozen custard.
You get a free scoop if you get a kids meal.
(Speaking of: I just saw today that kids eat free at Quiznos...fyi)
We got to church.
I took Ben to the nursery and Charlie to her class.
It was time for Libby to eat.
She and I couldn't figure it out under the cover.
So we went off to the nursing room.
Class was half over when we returned.
Afterwards I went to get Charlie from class.
She threw a fit. My four year old.
I have long counted my blessings that she didn't behave like other children we see out and about.
She has turned into that child.
Sassy. Demanding. Dirty looks. Talking back.
It's worse than it sounds.
We made it to the van.
Charlie's crying. Ben's crying. Libby's screaming.
It's a long drive, almost 25 miles. More talking back. More dirty looks. More crying. (Libby sleeping.)
Honestly, what was the point?
I felt/feel like a failure as a mother. A person.
I want to go. I want to instill good habits in our children.
Tonight just felt like such a waste of everything.
Money. Time. Gas. Miles. Energy.
I might as well have just stayed home and done laundry. Or something. Anything.
---
I know I'm dramatic.
I'm sure I shouldn't have blogged about it.
In the grand scheme of things, these 'issues' are tiny.
I know.
I'm going to go have a chocolate muffin and some milk.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hear the transition from 2-3 is way harder than from 1-2, so I would say that a couple of evenings like this are in store for you and it's more par for the course than a mark against you. I think you are doing a great job, and I hope I have as much patience with my multiple children as you do with yours. Love you!

    ReplyDelete