4.14.2010

Paint, birthdays and general craziness

Pardon the mess.
I honestly don't know what came over me.
We just got the purple furniture...remember?
And we still had a "red" wall. (I'm not sure it was red, Will says it couldn't be any other color.)
It looked awful together.
I found a gallon of charcoal paint on clearance at Wal-mart for $4.82.
I bought another gallon...it's supposed to be a light gray.
It has a blue-ish tinge.
I'm not happy about that.
Hopefully once everything gets put back in place it won't look that way.
My mom came over last night and we did one coat on everything (two on the red wall).
She's the bomb.
I don't think people say that anymore, but it's true.
Then today...all day it seemed...I put on a second coat.
So now it's done.
Charlie's party is tomorrow and we don't have a wall that clashes violently with our furniture.
Hooray.
I'll post better pictures someday (next year) when it's decorated.
---
Speaking of birthday parties. I didn't want to have one for Ben when he turned one. It seemed like so much work and I was still throwing up multiple times a day. I went ahead and planned one because...I knew I would feel like a horrible mom if I didn't. I didn't feel like having one for Charlotte this year. "The new baby" literally could be born at any time. I even asked her if it was okay if we just had cake/presents with our family. She said no. I don't know if it's just being pregnant...or if I'll always feel this way. Maybe it will be easier when they are older. I don't know. Charlie is ecstatic. Her birthday party has been all she's talked about for days. She doesn't even know what we're getting her...she's just excited to have friends over and plan the menu and plan what she's going to wear and what they are going to play...
I love her.
---
Another Dr. appointment today!
Are you shocked?
Charlie wanted to go with me.
We had to wait forever.
Which was really frustrating, because they had already had me reschedule to a more convenient time for them.
Anyway, everything is going great.
I would definitely say things are progressing much more than they did with the other two.
So that's exciting.
I'm starting to walk again on Friday.
I've had a few days off...due to painting/not wanting to go into labor on/near Charlie's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. The paint looks great! I'm sure it feels good to finally have that out of the way. Good luck with all of the birthday preperations, I hope it goes smoothly and Charlie has a great time! Tell her happy birthday from us.

    ReplyDelete