4.11.2010

Well Received

I made "the new baby" some receiving blankets. Twelve to be exact.
I love them.
I wish I was a better photographer...or I felt like loading twelve separate pictures...you can't really appreciate them from these...but oh well...you get the idea.
They require pretty much no skill at all.
I think ironing the hems and sewing them took almost the same amount of time.
I did figure out how to make corners.
The first two I did I just made square corners (cutting out no fabric).
I thought I was going to break my machine.
So then I figured out how to make them diagonal...cutting out a few layers.
Duh.
Even after I figured it out...probably 1/3 of them have one corner messed up.
My brain is not all there.
I blame the pregnancy.
These were cheap too.
Cheaper than you can buy them, I think.
They are all one yard.
Some were $1...none were as much as $2.50.
And I think the prints are so much better than the ones at the store.
I can't wait to wrap her up in them!
---
*You might be wondering if I'm always going to post pictures of everything I make. Probably.
I wish everyone else would too.
I love looking at stuff people have made.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! That is what I am going to look for at the fabric store! That and a LOT of other stuff!

    ReplyDelete