6.10.2010

Date Night

On Tuesday Charlotte and I went on a date to the movies.
Both the babies stayed home with Will.
We saw Marmaduke.
I thought it was very cute.
She was very excited. Almost too excited to eat dinner. She kept saying, "But I thought we were taking Libby?" Which...made me sad.
Taken with my phone. I'm (past)due for a new phone. I should look for one with a better camera.
We were two of four people in the theater.
We sat in a little "loveseat" type seat.
With our popcorn between us some of the time, cuddling and holding hands the rest.
It was a wonderful date.

---

I don't know what it is with me about leaving my babies.
I just feel like they can't possible survive without me.
I know it's ridiculous.
I can't remember how old Charlie was when I first left her somewhere.
Probably around a month. I remember why: we were going to see a play with my in-laws.
Ben...was about six weeks. I let my mom take him home from Light in the Night while I finished up. Gosh, I took him everywhere. Granted: 90% of the time I had Charlie with me too.
I've already left Libby with Will three times. She's seven weeks old.
Twice I left her to take Ben to the Dr.
And now this time to take Charlie to the movies.
She hasn't died.
Actually, I'm pretty sure she slept through the first two times and fussed just a little while we were at the movies.
How is it possible that this makes me feel like a bad mom?
I don't know. For sure.
Anyway.
The point is. When I had Ben I didn't need to leave him because Charlie was 2.5 and still getting plenty of one-on-one time. Just like Ben is now.
I just felt/feel like it's so important for me to take some specific time to just be with Charlotte.
Not holding a baby.
Not worrying about what Ben's getting into.
I don't know if I'm expressing this accurately, but it really just seems so imperative.
You know? Before she grows up and I can't.

---

I was reading tonight about some people who don't tell people they know IRL (in real life) about their blog.
While I love sharing. And I actually wish more people (like extended family) would check in here once and awhile.
I totally get that.
A place to just vent and be and vent (did I already say that?) without worrying about what people would think or say would be...
nice.
I'm already pretty bold around these here parts though, which if you're reading this I guess you know.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment