6.23.2010

Hello. Goodbye.

Hello
Part of a VBS directors job...
(Or anyone who has a job...or a house...or anyone.)
...is to make a few phone calls.
About stuff.
Today I did that.
I already know my voice is borderline annoying/sounds like a 12-year-old.
I try to sound somewhat intelligent/educated.
And say "um" less than 1,000 times.
Which leads to long pauses.
Which I think makes me sound...unprepared? uninformed? lame? like I'm trying to read something else? I don't know.
I hope when I enter the professional world I have a job that requires no phone talking.
Is that possible?
Even Will gets irritated talking to me on the phone.
I irritate myself.
Goodbye.

(Every time I hang up after a conversation Charlie says, "Who was it? What did they say?" I don't know where she gets that...:))

1 comment:

  1. haha... usually when i hear people talking that way (slowly, with lots of pauses) i just think they must be deep in thought and must be really smart people because they're not just rattling on and on. hopefully that's the impression people get of you as the VBS director. ;-)
    and in response to your previous post... you obviously love your family whole-heartedly, which is way more important than being a green-goddess/perfect-housewife/whatever. so keep on lovin' them!

    ReplyDelete