6.21.2010

Warning: This is Looong

Ohmyword.
It's been quite the day already...and it's not even 4:00.
Nothing bad...just busy.
---
Elizabeth had her two month check-up today.
I had to take all four kids - and they all behaved beautifully.
She is 24inches long which is the 96th percentile.
She weighs 10.8 lbs (not to be confused with 10lbs 8oz...that is different) which is the 48th percentile.
She's gained almost two pounds in a month...
which is about an ounce a day...
which is perfect. :)
She still has thrush (I am too frustrated to even blog about this). I'll be going to pick up her third prescription later.
The Dr. kept going on and on about how beautiful she is and how social and how alert.
She may say that to everyone.
It doesn't matter.
It's so nice when people say good things about your children.
Especially when they have M.D. after their name.
---
I have a pretty good job.
Just wanted to throw that out there.
Yes, sometimes they are late to get her...either scheduled late or just running late...sometimes she irritates me...
...but for the most part she is a VERY good girl.
She's very smart.
She's really cute, and she gets bathed regularly (a must for me!).
She was sick last week and so I only watched her a couple hours one morning (she was supposed to come back that afternoon but got sick!) and then one day.
I still got paid for three days.
I tried to give back the money for the day I had off, but her mom wouldn't take it.
Then they had plans and her grandparents were supposed to watch her on Saturday...but they canceled...so I said I could keep her...it was seriously like four hours and two of it she was sleeping...and they paid me for another day.
(I realize this is becoming all about $, but that is WHY I work and I am so grateful!)
They gave me a raise after I had Libby. Just because.
Every Monday (or the first day I watch her) her mom brings me my pay for the week.
I've never had to say a word about it.
Well, I say, "Thank you!"
---
Will's gone this week.
He's supposed to get back Friday.
The kids and I are leaving Friday at noon for Iowa.
My nephew turns one.
Will might get back early and then we'll get to see him...
...otherwise it will be nearly two weeks apart.
It's sad.
Anyway, we both made a goal to lose 10lbs. while we're apart.
It is so not happening on my end.
I quit the 30-Day Shred.
I'm okay with being exhausted/sore muscles...but it was killing my knees.
I even made Will watch me to make sure I was doing the exercises right.
I can't be getting old, can I?
I've been walking almost everyday though...since I quit...not since Will left...that was like two days ago:)
Sigh.
---
I made pasta with pesto sauce.
It came in box...on clearance at Target...for 1.97...it fed us all...
the kids loved it, both had 2nds, Ben had 3rds.

---
VBS starts two weeks from today.
It's nearly all planned...
...just going to be a lot of work putting those plans into action.
I'm excited to see it all come together.

I told you this was long.
Lots of love.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment