3.19.2010

"The New Baby"

We've got to stop calling her that.
We've pretty much decided on a name...but I still don't like to use it...just in case.
Like, if the nurse's name is the name we've picked and she's really mean.
Or something.
I'll be 35 weeks on Sunday.
She could be born in a little more than 3 weeks.
That's nuts.
I've washed all her clothes.
Put half of them away.
She moves a ton.
Way more than Ben did...but he might have been bigger I guess.
I don't really remember Charlotte.
I still need to sew the binding on her blanket and curtains/bumper/skirt/whatever else I have fabric left to do.
She's making me extremely tired.
I don't know if it's "I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby" tired.
Or "I really should be more intentional about taking my iron" tired.
It doesn't help that I can't sleep.
I'm actually looking forward to waking up every two hours to feed her.
I think it will be better than the deal now.
Despite being behind on the nursery...nesting is taking hold.
Today during nap time I did like 18 chores...
I scour craigslist for furniture.
I just want things done.
Painting.
Tiling.
Yard work.
The list goes on...
I'm ridiculously excited.
I can't wait to meet her, hold her, smell her...
I can't wait to see Charlie with her.
Ben's going to be shocked I think.
Charlie was 29 months old when Ben was born.
Ben will be 19 months old when she's born.
It's a big difference.
Just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment